Saturday, October 28, 2017

Elegant Birthday Card for my Bestie

When I realized that my BFF's Birthday was coming up, I knew I couldn't just send her one of the cards from my stash! Bestie's deserve extra special cards!!

I'd purchased this gorgeous stamp set from a company whose name I promptly forgot! I used VersaMark to stamp the 2 parts of the image on the top and the bottom of a 5" x 6.5" white panel, then heat embossed with gold.

I used my sponge blenders to apply Dusty Concord Distressed ink, followed by Island Indigo and Taken with Teal Stampin Up inks.The purple is hard to see in the pictures, but is at the top left and the lower right. The Taken with Teal is mostly in the middle area with the lightest area being where I wanted to put my sentiment.

The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions, and was also done with VersaMark and Gold embossing powder. It seemed like there was just too much open space in the middle, so I took my Ranger Clear Embossing Pen and put some dots around where it seemed appropriate and embossed those as well.



I cut the panel to 4.75" x 6.25" and then cut a new panel to the original size. The edges of this new base panel were embossed with the VersaMark and gold embossing powder so it matched the design perfectly! I mounted the colored panel on Fun-foam then onto the gold-edged base panel, all adhered onto a white card-base.

Then I opened the card and realized it was way to plain!! So the sentiment was also Gold Embossed, with just the top portion of the smaller frame piece being embossed along the bottom. I used the same colors to add a lighter blending to the bottom of the inside of the card!



I wanted to decorate the envelope to match but the frame wasn't wide enough to cover the whole of the envelope on the wide side. So I fussed with inking all but the last portion, then moved the stamp and inked the last portion and a little more to fill the full width. To make the break seem not as obvious, I used my Embossing Pen again to add some dots and a flourish. And of course the same process of color blending on the envelope! I addressed the envelope using a Gold Uniball pen....before I remembered to take a picture of it. So, I'm not going to show it--but it was lovely!

Thanks so much for checking out my work and I'll hope to have you visit again soon!





24 comments:

  1. This is so stunning. All that gold against the sponged background is beyond elegant. I love everything about it. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls.
    Judy~ JUGS DT and Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... this card is absolutely elegant. I love the embossing. Great job!

    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Craft Rocket and good luck! Hope you will join us next month again.

    Hugs
    Alex
    *DT* Craft Rocket Challenges {#42 – Pretty pinks or birthday}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#10 – Halloween}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#10 –mushrooms}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, beautifully designed and the colours look amazing...
    Thankyou so much for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely is a special card. The background colours are gorgeous and I love the gold embossing. Such a lovely touch to decorate the inside. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for leaving a comment--I love getting those!

      Delete
  5. Wow! How glam and ornate is that background with the embossing? Gorgeous colour choice with the gold. :D Thanks for playing along with the Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embossing a very special card---Thank you for joining us at Crafting With Friends
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card for your BFF! Beautiful stamp for the gold embossing and the background sets it off perfectly! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

    Brenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and all style here Sara. Beautiful background to showcasing that stunning gold embossing. Thanks and so glad you shared with us at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully embossed, the colour really brings out the elegance of the gold. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty.
    Best Wishes Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely opulent-looking card, I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What stunning embossing! I totally understand about "open space" - and you have just the right way to fill in. Thanks for entering the QKR Stampede weekly challenge. Dorothy S, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. The embossing does it for this beautiful stamp. WOW. And the background is fantastic too. So glad you could join us for our challenge at Morgan's ArtWorld.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, but no point in entering the Sparkle and Glitter challenge because that onluy allows Rick St.dennis digi or stamps used. Sorry

    Monique RSD EDT

    ReplyDelete