Monday, September 25, 2017

Magical Birthday Flyby


I'm playing along with the Sketch Challenge over at My Favorite Things. I'm not 100% pleased with the end result--I was hoping that my new Claritystamp Brushes would arrive in time to remake it, but they did not, so I'm going with what I have! 



I had these 2 dragons stamped for a while and just hadn't gotten around to coloring and using them. This seemed like the perfect time!  I colored them with my Copics, then added Wink of Stella to the wings.












 My Brother Scan N Cut is still packed, so I actually fussy cut them both out. The purple one, I attached with Matte Medium, and the flying green dragon with foam tape.  I found the little flowers in a Stampin Up set and like the way they just add a little more color and interest.



The sky was inked with a Stampabilities Pigment ink cube and a sponge blender--this is where I think the brushes would have done a much better job! The green was blended with an older Stampin Up ink of Green Galore, and also blended with a sponge. For the hill I used post-it tape--it's my favorite thing to mask with!




The sentiment is from a Docraft Birthday collection which has a bunch of sentiments that I find very useful!









Thanks for visiting!!




No comments:

Post a Comment