Saturday, September 23, 2017

Harvest Greetings

It's still very warm here in Missouri, but the yard is already full of crunchy leaves and mornings are ALMOST cool enough for a light sweater, so I'm getting in the mood for AUTUMN!



I had a great time coloring this bright, bold image with the fall colors. I think it's one of my favorite colored images so far--the colors are just look so vibrant, and I'm very pleased with the shading I was able to accomplish.




I followed this great sketch over at Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog, and I think it worked perfectly for this image from Fred She Said. I did go with a circle rather than square as in the original design--with the round pumpkins, and round flowers, both in the image and on the background DSP, (from a paper pad from Paper Studios, BTW) a circle just seemed more appropriate.







 

While I love both my Cricut and my Scan N Cut, I am completely addicted to using shape-dies for cutting things out, especially using stitches or scallops! This time, I felt that stitches might get lost, so I just used the open scallop circle die for the matting of the image. The image is attached with foam tape for dimension and to give enough room behind for the crossing of the ribbons.






 

The rough almost burlap ribbon also just seemed "right" for this season and this image! However, the bow just didn't seem like it was quite enough, so I tied some thick thread around the ribbon behind the bow and let the ends hang out--this felt like it completed the card!











I wanted to keep the interior message simple and not overly seasonal specific, so I chose this one from Paper Smooches which reads "sending warmth & happiness". I stamped this using Versafine Vintage Sepia.


While this isn't he most exciting card ever, I really like the way it turned out! It feels vibrant and warm to me!  Thanks for stopping by and of course, I hope to see you over at Sketch Saturday, as well!


2 comments:

  1. Loved your post and this card, shared it on FB at pageswithheart. I know you said it's not exciting but I prefer the less ornate look. Your coloring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment and the share!

      Delete