Saturday, February 11, 2017

It's a Lovin' Feline Valentine's Card

Last year about this time, I was given a really cute stamp from a friend, Robyn Vass. I haven't had a chance to use it more than once, and saw that it would work perfectly for this sketch from Sketch Saturday. 

This is the sketch for Saturday, February 11th, number 450. Keep in mind that a sketch is just a beginning point, an idea. For a Sketch Challenge, you want to stay fairly close, to make sure it is recognizable as the original sketch. For mine, I obviously changed the star to a heart, and moved it to the left side of the card.  Other than that, it's fairly spot-on.



The stamp included the hearts on the cat, but I just colored over them to get the good look of the fur on the kitty. Then I stamped extra images and colored a bunch of hearts. The Brother Scan N Cut 2 was a huge help in cutting out all those little hearts. I placed some over the hearts ON the cat that were colored over, then more going up like the love is just radiating off the kitty! And of course added a little one to the heart die-cut at the bottom. Each heart was made "complete" by adding Glossy Accents.





 
I could have used a stamp to do the inside sentiment, but chose to just print it--this always seems easier to me!










I love cats, and made this one look like my favorite kitty, Silver, who passed a couple of years ago. This was a super fun card to make and again, thanks to Robyn for the lovely stamp-set!




No comments:

Post a Comment